Boston University (6-8-0, 5-7-0 HE) vs. #5 Yale (6-0-0, 4-0-0 ECAC)
Friday, Nov. 25 – 4 pm ET
Lifeguard Arena – Henderson, Nev.
vs. No. 3 Minnesota or No. 12 Penn State
Saturday, Nov. 26 – 4/7 pm ET
The Dollar Loan Center – Henderson, Nev.
The Boston University women’s ice hockey team is spending Thanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas to take part in the inaugural Henderson Collegiate Hockey Showcase along with No. 3 Minnesota, No. 5 Yale and No. 12 Penn State on Nov. 25-26.
The Terriers (6-8-0) will open the tournament on Friday against Yale at 1 pm PT. The Bulldogs are the last undefeated team in the country at 6-0-0.
- The Terriers enter the tournament on a season-best three-game winning streak, all three victories coming against ranked teams.
- BU is coming off a home-and-home sweep of then-No. 12 UConn as a 2-1 road win was followed up by a 5-2 home victory on Saturday.
- Two Terriers were honored for their efforts in the sweep as senior captain Nadia Mattivi was named Hockey East Defender of the Week and Brooke Disher was selected as the Hockey East Rookie of the Week.
- Disher’s first collegiate goal was the game-winner on Friday and Mattivi assisted on it before scoring a goal in Saturday’s victory.
- Senior Julia Nearis ranks first on the Terriers in points (14) and goals (6) and is tied with junior Lacey Martin for the team lead in assists with eight.
- Nearis has at least one point in seven of the past nine games with 11 points (5g, 6a) during the stretch.
- Senior Nadia Mattivi and junior Catherine Foulem each have eight points on three goals and five assists.
- Graduate student Andrea Brändli ranks fifth in the nation in save percentage (.944) and 14th in goals-against average (1.87).
- BU has nine power-play goals in its past nine games after having zero in its first five.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Yale has opened its season with six straight wins, most recently posting a weekend home sweep of then-No. 11 Penn State by scores of 3-0 and 2-1 (from).
- The Bulldogs, who made their first-ever Frozen Four appearance last season, also have wins over Harvard, Dartmouth, Quinnipiac and Princeton.
- Anna Bargman and freshman Jordan Ray have paced the offense thus far, each posting four goals and four assists.
- Vita Poniatovskaia (2g, 4a) and Elle Hartje (1g, 5a) have added six points apiece.
- Sophomore Pia Dukaric, the two-time reigning ECAC Goaltender of the Week, has been incredible thus far this season and currently leads the nation in both save percentage (.969) and goals-against average (0.82).
BU-YALE SERIES HISTORY
- BU is 5-2-1 all-time against the Bulldogs, including a perfect 4-0-0 record at Walter Brown Arena.
- This marks 14 years to the day of the first-ever meeting, a 4-1 Yale win in New Haven.
- Last season, BU fell on the road to Yale by a score of 3-2 on Dec. 8.
- This will be the first neutral site meeting between the two teams.
- The Terriers will face either Minnesota or Penn State on Saturday (Nov. 26) on the second day of the tournament.
- The consolation game will take place at 1 pm ET followed by the championship at 4 pm ET.