Since Irish Illustrated’s final males’s basketball grasp record, the record of viable recruits within the Class of 2023 has been pared down.
Gone from our final record are: No. 30 PG- Aden Holloway, No. 36 SF- Gavin Griffiths (Rutgers commit), No. 49 PG- Darrin ‘Dai Dai’ Ames (Kansas State commit), No. 181 CG- Lawrent Rice and C- Kachi Nzeh.
The next prospects are the main focus of Notre Dame’s Class of 2023 recruiting with two central prospects at the moment within the Class of 2024.
Notre Dame will lose Nate Laszewski, Dane Goodwin, Cormac Ryan, Trey Wertz and Marcus Hammond following the 2022-23 season. The Irish are anticipated to signal three or 4 prospects from the Class of 2023 with an eye fixed on the switch portal following the 2022-23 season.
The primary verbally-committed member of Notre Dame’s ’23 class is predicted to be PG-Markus Burton, a at present unranked 5-foot-9 level guard out of Penn Excessive Faculty in Mishawaka, Ind. who impressed on the latest Peach Jam. Burton is scheduled to announce his verbal dedication Friday, July 29 at 3:00 pm ET.
PF- JP ESTRELLA
• Top: 6-10
• Weight: 190
• Hometown (Faculty): South Portland, Maine (South Portland)
• Composite rating: No. 54
• 247Sports rating: 62
• Prime provides: Duke, Syracuse, Iowa, Tennessee, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, Xavier
• Prister’s evaluation: An absurdly underrated participant a yr in the past has shot as much as No. 54 within the composite rankings. He’ll want further energy on that body. However this child performs very lengthy and above the rim, a lot in order that generally it seems like he is enjoying on a nine-foot, six-inch rim.
An agile, athletic, first-off-the-floor frontline participant who performs comfortably and confidently. Can penetrate to the basket and slam off the dribble. A wonderful finisher, even along with his off (left) hand. Extremely-aggressive participant across the basket but in addition flashes long-range taking pictures skill with a smooth contact. Performs with 6-foot-8 athleticism however 7-foot-0 size. The Irish had been among the many first to supply, however there is a Crystal Ball projection for Duke.
4* C- XAVIER BOOKER
• Top: 6-10
• Weight: 205
• Hometown (Faculty): Indianapolis, Ind. (Cathedral)
• Composite rating: No. 58
• 247Sports rating: No. 3
• Prime provides: Michigan State, Duke, Purdue, Auburn, Indiana, Clemson, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, TCU, Texas, USC
• Prister’s evaluation: Fast-twitch athleticism typically related to somebody within the 6-foot-7/6-foot-8 vary. Very bouncy. Fast-off-the-floor instincts, coupled along with his size and expertise, make him tough to defend. Has long-distance taking pictures vary with a smooth contact to go along with his inside recreation.
An intimidating defensive presence. These lengthy arms sneak up on opposing gamers who assume they will shoot the ball over him…however cannot. A real rim protector. Forces opponents to change their shot…and query their determination to take action. A little bit of a freak athletically, however nonetheless missing consistency and focus. Could not match at Notre Dame academically. Has work to do within the classroom. G-League candidate if he cannot make up the bottom.
4* PF/G- TJ POWER
• Top: 6-8
• Weight: 210
• Hometown (Faculty): Shrewsbury, Mass. (Worcester Academy)
• Composite rating: No. 63
• 247Sports rating: No. 51
• Prime provides: Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Iowa, Virginia, Kansas, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, UCLA, USC, Xavier
• Prister’s evaluation: Notre Dame’s No. 1 prospect within the Class of 2023. A real stretch-four with inside-outside capabilities, but in addition outfitted to play a backcourt position with measurement and taking pictures vary. A bodily presence with stable athleticism and run-the-court skill. Reveals a wide range of inside strikes whereas enjoying with the ball above his head. An excellent ball handler with the power to penetrate by weaving by means of site visitors. But when his path to the ring is impeded, he’ll willingly let it fly from a distance with high quality accuracy.
Notre Dame and Virginia had the early edge, however the large boys are closing in with latest visits to North Carolina, Duke and NC State. Boston Faculty is a sleeper due to geography. He’ll go to Notre Dame for an upcoming soccer weekend. Notre Dame is reportedly the lone suitor pushing the guard choice, which appeals to Energy. Visited Notre Dame through the summer season and witness a observe session.
4* SG- ROBERT ‘RJ’ JONES
• Top: 6-3
• Weight: 175
• Hometown (Faculty): Denton, Texas (Wasatch Academy/Utah)
• Composite rating: No. 64
• 247Sports rating: No. 93
• Prime provides: Texas A&M, Illinois, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, USC, Xavier
• Prister’s evaluation: A well-rounded prospect outfitted with delicate size, lengthy arms and a clean grace to his recreation. Tender jumper with a quiet launch. Possesses a harmful crossover transfer and drive to the bucket with a smooth end. Has the power to catch fireplace taking pictures the basketball.
Reminds Notre Dame of former senior standout Russell Carter, who averaged 17.1 factors per recreation as a senior in 2006-07. Strong scholar and a superb match for Notre Dame. Understands how he’d slot in Notre Dame system. Father is from close by Benton Harbor, Mich. Is transferring from Denton Excessive Faculty in Texas to Wasatch Academy in Utah to extend his degree of competitors.
4*PG- ELMARKO JACKSON
• Top: 6-3
• Weight: 185
• Hometown (Faculty): Richland, NJ (St. Augustine Prep)
• Composite rating: No. 44
• 247Sports rating: No. 76
• Prime provides: Maryland, Cal, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, UCLA, Villanova, Virginia
• Prister’s evaluation: When the ball is in his palms, he controls the tempo and the course of the sport. An intense, no-nonsense, centered participant. A multi-level scorer with a downhill mind set. Simple three-point vary with a excessive, comfy launch. Reveals a top quality pull-up jumper off the dribble and a robust inclination to take it to the tin and end. A stutter-step penetrator who’s tough to defend.
Wiggles his approach by means of site visitors, but when he feels his progress has been impeded, he’ll pull up with a smooth jumper. A difficult open-court presence. Reveals straightforward verticality. Will play above the rim when the state of affairs arises. Even has a back-to-the-basket post-up with a turnaround jumper. A fairly full participant on each ends of the courtroom. The sport seems straightforward to him. Has a mature recreation and physique. Performs with full confidence in his recreation. Reminds Notre Dame of a Jerian Grant-like combo guard. Underrated in Irish Illustrated’s estimation at No. 88.
3* PF- AMANI HANSBERRY
• Top: 6-8
• Weight: 225
• Hometown (Faculty): Washington DC (Mount St. Joseph)
• Composite rating: No. 140
• 247Sports rating: No. 128
• Prime provides: Boston Faculty, Illinois, Miami, Penn State, Virginia Tech, LSU, Mississippi State, NC State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Wake Forest, West Virginia
• Prister’s evaluation: An advancing prospect with an evolving, well-rounded recreation. Can play with again to the basket, take a put up feed, a space-swallowing drop step and rating. Spin strikes to the bucket are efficient. Can also take that very same put up feed and hit a turnaround jumper. Carves house and creates shot with a straightforward grace. Has three-point taking pictures vary, albeit with an unorthodox kick of the appropriate leg.
An enormous who can deal with the ball within the open courtroom and lead a quick break. Reveals actually good palms within the put up. See the kick-out cross. A resourceful maximizer of his talents. Has a presence on the basketball courtroom. Had a really productive summer season. Performs for a similar coach that instructed former Irish level guard Eric Atkins. Stunning that space colleges Maryland and Georgetown have but to supply.
PG- MARKUS BURTON
• Top: 5-9
• Weight: 165
• Hometown (Faculty): Mishawaka, Ind. (Penn)
• Composite rating: N/A
• 247Sports rating: N/A
• Prime provides: Notre Dame, Ball State, Miami (Ohio)
• Prister’s evaluation: Small however mighty. Arduous-nosed and hard. Excellent penetrator who is not afraid to tackle the large guys on the rim. High quality end regardless of missing measurement. Creates house off the dribble. Creates bounce pictures off the dribble. Makes it tough to dam his shot due to the space he places between himself and the defender. Places defenders on their heels. Will get to free balls forward of the opponent.
Has a pleasant stroke with a smooth arrival on the rim. Tender free-throw shooter as effectively. An distinctive ball handler. Has “the sting” that Mike Brey likes to speak about. A warrior-like angle. Reminds Notre Dame of former Irish level guard Tory Jackson. A chance to finish up at La Lumiere Faculty in La Porte, Ind., a la JJ Starling.
CLASS OF 2024 PROSPECTS
4* C- JAMES BROWN
• Top: 6-9
• Weight: 210
• Hometown (Faculty): Chicago, In poor health. (St. Rita)
• Composite rating: No. 31
• 247Sports rating: No. 32
• Prime provides: Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, UCLA
• Prister’s evaluation: Lengthy, athletic large who can run the courtroom, lead a quick break and end with both hand, though he tends to slam along with his left and shoot along with his proper. A measured, in-control large with a sequence of ball fakes and an attack-the-basket mind set when he nears the paint. Understands his strengths and performs to them. Would not attempt to do an excessive amount of, which is exemplified by his on-court imaginative and prescient and willingness to create the simplest shot for his teammates.
A great highschool match for Notre Dame. Grades will not be a problem. Is aware of his recreation and provides consistency in play and strategy. Notre Dame’s No. 1 junior-to-be goal. Reportedly a extra fascinating “large” prospect for Notre Dame than Xavier Booker.
4* SF- KON KNUEPPEL
• Top: 6-5
• Weight: 205
• Hometown (Faculty): Milwaukee, Wis. (Wisconsin Lutheran)
• Composite rating: No. 72
• 247Sports rating: No. 56
• Prime provides: Miami, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Marquette, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, USC, Wisconsin
• Prister’s evaluation: At all times finds a approach to create a shot. Can shoot it off the dribble. Can shoot it off the catch. Can hit the step-back jumper. Extraordinarily fairly and fast launch. Shot arrives on the basket with a willingness to go in. Robust and hard with a terrific really feel for the sport. Resourceful and probing within the lane. Will penetrate, spin and give you a inventive approach to get an unimpeded shot. A well-rounded scorer with a balanced, constant efficiency.