I’ve to start this week’s energy rankings with a shout-out to Sue Fowl, who introduced on Thursday that 2022 will certainly be her ultimate WNBA season, forward of Seattle’s ultimate regular-season sport in her hometown of New York Metropolis on Sunday.
I’ve determined this shall be my ultimate yr. I’ve liked each single minute, and nonetheless do, so gonna play my final yr, similar to this little woman performed her first ☺️ #TheFinalYear @seattlestorm pic.twitter.com/Uo2YqCCKUD
– Sue Fowl (@ S10Bird) June 16, 2022
Any energy rankings of all-time WNBA greats could have Fowl close to the highest of the checklist. Because the league’s all-time chief in assists and video games performed, Fowl ranks within the high 10 in factors (7th), steals (4th), area targets made (8th), 3-pointers made (2nd) and 3-point proportion (10th). However her impression on the sport goes far past the unimaginable numbers that she’s amassed since coming into the WNBA as the highest decide within the 2002 draft.
Along with successful 4 WNBA championships with the Storm, 5 Olympic gold medals with Workforce USA, and being named to each WNBA anniversary crew (10 years, 15 years, 20 years and the W25 final season), Fowl has set the usual for level guard play on the court docket and her management and impression off the court docket is immeasurable. Thanks Sue for all the pieces you’ve got given the sport and the WNBA.
Oh, and that ultimate journey to New York went fairly properly too. Taking part in in entrance of her household and hometown pals, Fowl knocked down the dagger 3-pointer within the ultimate minute – a shot that danced on the rim, off the backboard and at last by the web, all whereas Fowl held her up her follow-through of her ultimate WNBA shot in New York Metropolis (until these two groups meet within the playoffs).
– WNBA (@WNBA) June 19, 2022
After being showered by a standing ovation from the Barclay Heart crowd, Fowl joined Holly Rowe to share her ideas on a special occasion in her ultimate season. If you have not checked out but, take pleasure in it.
– Seattle Storm (@seattlestorm) June 19, 2022
- Las Vegas Aces (13-2)
- Earlier Rating: 1
- Final Week’s Outcomes: W at DAL 92-84; W vs. MIN 96-95
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday vs. CHI; Saturday vs. WAS
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 109.0 (1); DefRtg: 97.5 (5); NetRtg: 11.5 (1); eFG%: 52.8 (1); Tempo / 40: 83.70 (1)
The Aces stay on the high of the rankings as they completed a 2-0 week to increase their win streak to 4 straight video games. Las Vegas additionally clinched its spot within the Commissioner’s Cup championship sport because the Western Convention consultant. Oh, and there will not be a participant within the league as sizzling as A’ja Wilson over her previous three video games: 28.3 factors, 61.1 FG% / 57.1 3P% / 100 FT% taking pictures splits, 8.0 rebounds, 3.3 blocks, 2.0 assists and 1.7 steals per sport
- Connecticut Solar (12-5)
- Earlier Rating: 3
- Final Week’s Outcomes: ATL 105-92; W vs. SEA 82-71; L at WAS 71-63
- This Week’s Schedule: Wednesday vs. NYL; Sunday at ATL
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 107.1 (2); DefRtg: 96.6 (4); NetRtg: 10.5 (2); eFG%: 51.6 (2); Tempo / 40: 80.62 (6)
After opening the week with dwelling wins over Atlanta and Seattle, the Solar had been unable to shut out the proper week as they fell to the Mystics in Washington on Sunday. Connecticut scored a season-low 63 factors and shot a season-low 36.7% from the sphere and completed with extra turnovers than assists. To date this season, Connecticut is simply 7-5 in opposition to groups which can be .500 or higher and 5-0 in opposition to groups beneath .500.
- Chicago Sky (10-5)
- Earlier Rating: 2
- Final Week’s Outcomes: W Vs. ATL 106-100; L at IND 89-87
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday at LVA; Thursday at LAS; Sunday vs. MIN
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 103.4 (4); DefRtg: 98.6 (6); NetRtg: 4.8 (4); eFG%: 51.4 (3); Tempo / 40: 80.00 (7)
The Sky noticed their three-game win streak come to a detailed on Sunday as they fell to Indiana 89-87 regardless of getting a career-high 28 factors from Kahleah Copper and main by as many as 15 factors within the second half. Chicago was with out Candace Parker for the second straight sport as she nurses a knee damage. Even with the loss, the Sky had been capable of clinch their spot within the Commissioner’s Cup Championship on Sunday because of Washington knocking off Connecticut and making certain Chicago completed atop the East cup standings. Whereas the Commissioner’s Cup Championship continues to be a month away, the Sky have a three-game week forward of them, starting with a street sport in opposition to the top-ranked Aces on Tuesday.
- Washington Mystics (11-7)
- Earlier Rating: 4
- Final Week’s Outcomes: W Vs. PHX 83-65; L at NYL 77-65; W vs. CON 71-63
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday at LAS; Thursday at SEA; Saturday at LVA
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 99.9 (7); DefRtg: 94.9 (1); NetRtg: 5.0 (3); eFG%: 49.0 (T-6); Tempo / 40: 78.26 (12)
The Mystics went 2-1 this week and the wins and losses tracked with Elena Delle Donne’s availability. Delle Donne performed Wednesday in opposition to Phoenix in DC, the Mystics gained by 18 factors; Delle Donne didn’t play at New York two days later, the Mystics misplaced by 12 factors; Delle Donne performed on Sunday in opposition to Connecticut in DC, the Mystics gained by eight factors. Washington is 8-3 with Delle Donne within the lineup and 3-4 when she’s out. Of the 11 video games that Delle Donne has performed, solely two have come on the street. This week, the Mystics are on the street for 3 straight video games on a West Coast swing visiting Los Angeles, Seattle and Las Vegas.
- Seattle Storm (10-6)
- Earlier Rating: 5
- Final Week’s Outcomes: W at MIN 81-79; L at CON 82-71; W at NYL 81-72
- This Week’s Schedule: Thursday vs. WAS; Saturday vs. LAS
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 97.9 (9); DefRtg: 95.8 (3); NetRtg: 2.1 (5); eFG%: 48.6 (8); Tempo / 40: 79.53 (9)
The Storm went 2-1 this week as they closed out a five-game street journey with stops in Minnesota (win), Connecticut (loss) and New York (win). Up subsequent is a four-game homestand starting Thursday in opposition to Washington because the Local weather Pledge Area crowd will get to cheer for Sue Fowl and the Storm for the primary time since Fowl introduced her retirement final week.
- Dallas Wings (8-8)
- Earlier Rating: 8
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L vs. LVA 92-84; W vs. PHX 93-88; W vs. LAS 92-82
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday at ATL; Thursday vs. IND; Saturday vs. PHX
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 103.5 (3); DefRtg: 102.8 (8); NetRtg: 0.6 (6); eFG%: 48.5 (9); Tempo / 40: 79.50 (10)
After a promising 5-2 begin to the season, the Dallas Wings had misplaced six of their subsequent seven video games as they entered Friday’s sport in opposition to Phoenix at 6-8 and in determined want of a win to get their season again on monitor. Behind Arike Ogunbowale’s 24 factors and 6 3-pointers and Teaira McCowan’s double-double off the bench, the Wings ended their skid with a 93-88 win. They adopted it up two days later with a 10-point win over Los Angeles to get again to .500 on the season.
- Atlanta Dream (7-8)
- Earlier Rating: 6
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L at CON 105-92; L at CHI 106-100
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday vs. DAL; Friday vs. NYL; Sunday vs. CON
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 94.1 (12); DefRtg: 95.0 (2); NetRtg: -0.9 (7); eFG%: 47.8 (10); Tempo / 40: 82.08 (3)
The Dream posted an 0-2 week, struggling street losses to the highest two groups within the Japanese Convention – Connecticut (12-5) and Chicago (10-5) – to increase their dropping streak to 4 in a row. What made the losses to the Solar and Sky uncharacteristic for the Dream is that they allowed over 100 factors in each video games – after holding opponents to a league-low common of 74.4 factors per sport coming into final week. After a promising 4-1 begin, the Dream have gone 3-7 of their final 10 video games. They may look to get again on monitor this week with a three-game homestand in opposition to Dallas, New York and Connecticut.
- Phoenix Mercury (6-10)
- Earlier Rating: 7
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L at WAS 83-65; W at IND 93-80; L at DAL 93-88
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday vs. MIN; Thursday at MIN; Saturday at DAL
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 100.6 (T-5); DefRtg: 105.2 (9); NetRtg: -4.6 (8); eFG%: 50.5 (5); Tempo / 40: 81.18 (5)
Phoenix’s three-game win streak was snapped on Tuesday within the second of a two-game set in opposition to the Washington Mystics. The Mercury bounced again with a 93-80 win over the Fever in Indiana on the second night time of a back-to-back, however could not maintain the momentum going to Dallas they fell to the Wings 93-88. Phoenix opens the week with a home-and-home set with Minnesota starting Tuesday in Phoenix. Can the Mercury get again on monitor in opposition to the 3-13 Lynx?
- New York Liberty (6-10)
- Earlier Rating: 9
- Final Week’s Outcomes: W Vs. WAS 77-65; L vs. SEA 81-72
- This Week’s Schedule: Wednesday at CON; Friday at ATL
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 94.9 (11); DefRtg: 100.6 (7); NetRtg: -5.7 (9); eFG%: 49.0 (T-6); Tempo / 40: 79.23 (11)
After enduring a seven-game dropping streak, the Liberty have gained 5 of their final eight video games, together with a win over Washington on Thursday behind a season-high 27 factors from Natasha Howard. Nevertheless, two days later, the Liberty fell to Seattle on what became Sue Fowl day in Brooklyn. The Liberty acquired a career-best 23 factors from Marine Johannes, whereas Sabrina Ionescu completed simply two rebounds shy of her third profession triple-double and second in a three-game span. The Liberty will play 5 of their subsequent six video games on the street, starting Wednesday in Connecticut, the place they give the impression of being to knock off the Solar for the second time this season.
- Los Angeles Sparks (5-9)
- Earlier Rating: 10
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L at DAL 92-82
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday vs. WAS; Thursday vs. CHI; Saturday vs. SEA
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 100.6 (T-5); DefRtg: 106.9 (12); NetRtg: -6.3 (10); eFG%: 50.7 (4); Tempo / 40: 81.49 (4)
The Sparks had only one sport in every of the previous two weeks and misplaced each – falling to Las Vegas 89-72 of their first sport beneath interim head coach Fred Williams on June 11, and falling to Dallas 92-82 on Sunday – to fall to 5-9 on the season. After having simply two video games in a 14-day span, the Sparks schedule is about to select up as they may play eight video games over the following 17 days, starting Tuesday when the Sparks host the Mystics.
- Indiana Fever (5-13)
- Earlier Rating: 11
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L vs. PHX 93-80; W vs. CHI 89-87
- This Week’s Schedule: Thursday at DAL
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 97.2 (10); DefRtg: 106.3 (10); NetRtg: -9.0 (12); eFG%: 45.7 (12); Tempo / 40: 82.26 (2)
For a younger crew trying to construct a basis and a tradition, Sunday’s win over the defending champion Sky shall be one to construct upon. Trailing by as many as 15 factors within the second half, the Fever might have packed it in, however they stored combating. Led by rookie NaLyssa Smith, who completed with a career-high 26 factors, inducing the go-ahead three-point play to place Indiana up for good with 39 seconds to play, the Fever beat the Sky 89-87 to earn their fifth win of the season.
- Minnesota Lynx (3-13)
- Earlier Rating: 12
- Final Week’s Outcomes: L vs. SEA 81-79; L at LVA 96-95
- This Week’s Schedule: Tuesday at PHX: Thursday vs. PHX; Sunday at CHI
- Workforce Stats: OffRtg: 98.6 (8); DefRtg: 106.4 (11); NetRtg: -7.8 (11); eFG%: 47.3 (11); Tempo / 40: 79.69 (8)
The Lynx noticed their dropping streak prolong to 5 video games after ending 0-2 over the previous week. Minnesota’s final three video games have been determined by a complete of seven factors – a four-point loss to Indiana on June 12, a two-point loss to Seattle final Tuesday and a one-point street loss to Las Vegas on Sunday after main by as many as 14 factors within the second half. The Lynx seem on the verge of lastly breaking by and including some wins. Their first shot comes Tuesday in Phoenix in a gap sport of a home-and-home set with the Mercury earlier than the Lynx head to Chicago on Sunday.